Feb 13, 2019
In the second half of our two-part series on complications of
organ transplantation, Dr. Raj Dhar (Neurocritical Care, Washington
University in St. Louis) discusses his experience managing the
non-infectious complications of organ transplantation--from drug
toxicities to multi-disciplinary medical care.
Produced by James E. Siegler and Raj Dhar. Music by Steve Combs,
Lee Rosevere, and Scott Holmes. Sound effects by Mike Koenig and
Daniel Simion. BrainWaves' podcasts and online content are intended
for medical education only and should not be used for clinical
decision making. Be sure to follow us on Twitter @brainwavesaudio
for the latest updates to the podcast.
- Senzolo M, Ferronato C and Burra P. Neurologic complications
after solid organ transplantation. Transpl Int.
- Dhar R. Neurologic complications of transplantation.
Handbook of clinical neurology. 2017;141:545-572.
- Mateen FJ, Dierkhising RA, Rabinstein AA, van de Beek D and
Wijdicks EF. Neurological complications following adult lung
transplantation. Am J Transplant. 2010;10:908-14.
- Munoz P, Valerio M, Palomo J, Fernandez-Yanez J, Fernandez-Cruz
A, Guinea J and Bouza E. Infectious and non-infectious neurologic
complications in heart transplant recipients. Medicine
- Wu Q, Marescaux C, Wolff V, Jeung MY, Kessler R, Lauer V and
Chen Y. Tacrolimus-associated posterior reversible encephalopathy
syndrome after solid organ transplantation. Eur Neurol.
- Dhar R, Young GB and Marotta P. Perioperative neurological
complications after liver transplantation are best predicted by
pre-transplant hepatic encephalopathy. Neurocritical care.